If you’re a homeowner in Dearborn, Michigan, then you know that the weather can be harsh. From snowstorms to summer thunderstorms and hail, your roof takes quite a beating throughout the year. So when it comes to your home’s roof, it’s always a good idea to have a professional repair it before it becomes worse.
Here Are Ten Signs That It May Be Time For You To Invest In Roof Repair or Replacement:
It is always important to maintain the integrity of your home’s roof, especially if you live in Dearborn, Michigan. With harsh weather conditions ranging from snowstorms to summer thunderstorms, your roof is put under a lot of pressure. If you notice any of these signs that your roof may need repair or replacement, it’s time to take action.
1. Missing Shingles – Missing shingles are one of the most common signs of damage on your roof. They could be due to something as simple as an animal scratching them off or more serious wear-and-tear from storms and windy days. Either way, it’s important to get them replaced quickly so no further damage is done.
2. Broken Tiles – Chipped or broken tiles can not only weaken the structure of your roof but also cause water seepage if left unchecked. This could lead to mold and other expensive problems down the line, so make sure that any broken tiles are replaced as soon as possible.
3. Curled Shingles – Curled shingles can appear after years of wear-and-tear or extreme weather events like hail storms or heavy winds. It’s important to have these replaced before they cause any further damage because they are much more susceptible to water seepage than regular shingles would be.
4. Clogged Gutters – Clogged gutters can happen when leaves and other debris build up over time, causing your gutters to overflow whenever it rains heavily. This can cause water seepage into your home which could lead to mold growth and other serious issues if not taken care of right away.
5. Leaks – Your roof should never leak under normal circumstances; however, if it does then this is a sign that there is something wrong with its structure and needs repair work done immediately before any further damage is caused by water seepage into your home’s interior walls or ceilings.
6. Algae And Moss Growth – Algae and moss growth on the surface of your roof can indicate that there is too much moisture present in your attic space which could lead to mold growth if left unchecked for too long. It’s important to have this issue addressed quickly by a professional contractor who specializes in roof repair in Dearborn, Michigan before things get worse!
7. Ice Buildup – Ice buildup on the surface of your roof during winter months can cause major structural damage as well as create an inviting environment for moss and algae growth (see above). It’s important to have this problem addressed swiftly by a professional contractor who specializes in roof repair in Dearborn, Michigan before things get out of hand!
8. Increased Energy Bills – A damaged roof will not insulate your home properly and therefore will result in higher energy bills due to lost heat during winter months (or cool air during summer months). Investing in quality roof repair services now will save you money over time due to decreased energy costs!
9. Damage To Interior Walls Or Ceilings – If there are cracks or discoloration present on interior walls or ceilings then this could mean that water seepage has occurred from outside due to weakened sections of your roof structure caused by age or storm damage (see above). Investing in quality repairs now will save you money down the line due to avoided costly damages later!
10. Age Of Roof – The average lifespan for most roofs is 20 years; however, depending on how well it was installed initially, this number could range from 15–25 years before needing significant repairs done (or even replacement!). If yours has been around longer than 20 years then it may be time for some maintenance work!
Roof repair isn’t something that should be taken lightly—it’s an essential part of keeping your home safe and secure against Mother Nature’s elements every season! If you live in Dearborn, Michigan and suspect that your roof might need some attention, don’t hesitate—reach out today for an expert opinion about what’s best for you and your home’s safety! We’re qualified and experienced in roof repairs so you can rest assure that your home’s roof will be properly repaired and cared for.