Your roof requires regular inspection and maintenance just like all other areas of your home. Regardless of whether you choose to inspect your roof yourself or hire someone else to do it, there are certain things you should be sure are checked out and well maintained. There are some things to look for that can indicate serious roof damages. When you notice these problems on your roof it’s always best to call a qualified roofer in Dearborn Michigan to address them. It’s also a good idea to give your roof a look after each large storm that passes through the area.
Signs Your Home Has Roof Damage in Dearborn Michigan
The roof on your home is designed to protect your home from wind and rain and other weather elements. However, sometimes problems can occur on your roof that can lead to all sorts of problems. Being able to identify a problem on your home’s roof can help to prevent lots of water damage in the home from a roof leak. Here are some common signs that your roof may be about to fail:
- Gutter Roof Granules – You’ll likely always find leaves and tree debris in your gutters, but if you begin to notice roof granules, you’ve got a problem on your hands. There is normal granule loss from time to time, but if there is a significant loss of granule, causing clogs and issues in your gutter system, then it’s time to take a closer look at your roof. When your roof loses than many granules, you are at risk for serious damages.
- Missing Shingles – It is not uncommon to lose a shingle or two in a big wind storm, however it’s imperative to check your roof regularly and replace missing shingles as soon as possible. If left exposed, those areas with missing shingles could get water damage and cause problems. There’s also a chance shingles won’t exactly go missing, but they will curl and buckle with water damage – this is also something to look out for and address immediately to prevent worsening conditions.
- Leaking Beams – To check on these, you should go into your attic with a flashlight and keep the overhead light off. Once you’re up there, turn of your flashlight and see if you notice any sunlight coming through. If you do, you have leaks! If sunlight can get through your roof beams, so can water and moisture, so you could already have damage occurring. Check your insulation for signs of mold and mildew, too, in case there are any chances of excess moisture being held in there.
- Flashing Damages – You should be sure that your flashing is always in the best possible condition. If there is any flaw in your flashing, your roof could experience water seepage and could cause significant leaks. This can attribute to quite a costly repair bill if left unresolved. This is often the primary source for roof leaks, so be sure to regularly check all your areas that have flashing.
- Aged Roof – At the end of the day, an aged roof is just more susceptible to damages and leaks. Roofs don’t last forever, so there will come a time where your roof inspection tells you it’s finally time to get a roof replacement. You should be expecting this, though, as an aged roof is typically pretty easy to spot.
If you find any of these things when you are regularly inspecting your roof, you should be sure to contact a roofing professional in Dearborn Michigan soon. Anything that needs repair or replacement shouldn’t go unresolved for long. This can only cause more damages and cost you even more time and money to correct them. Remember, a roof project is rarely something you can do yourself, so call in the professionals for effective and efficient repairs
Hire a Licensed Roofing Contractor for Repairs
If you notice a problem on your home’s roof make sure you call a licensed roofing professional such as Roofing Dearborn. We are a fully licensed and insured roofing contractor that offers roofing services such as repair, inspections, and replacement in Dearborn Michigan. Call today at 313-209-6350 for more details and to schedule a roof inspection on your Dearborn Michigan home.